Thursday 28 August 2008

Stitches and Craft - Sydney Aug 2008

LIFE: It has no pause button....

You know at times I wish it did. I truly wish at the moment I could clone myself or alternatively there was another 10 hours in each day. Everyone knows how much I love my job but I never imagined quite how busy it would get but I can't help smile when I pick up a scrapbooking magazine (Australian) and nearly every second page has some Kaisercraft product on it....okay okay maybe Im exaggerating just a little - but soon enough it will be true.... If you are reading this and you haven't tried our products yet - I DARE YOU.....you will love them... and Im not saying that cause I work there. Check our our new website for yourself and Im sure you will find here something that inspires you to create.
Anyway now for what I have been up to.... Al and I have just returned from the recent Stitches and Craft show in Sydney wherer we were part of Living Creatively – a place, or in this case, a whole floor, dedicated to encouraging people to explore their creativity. Love the little gardens and the bunnies running around. Do you realise they even had to have someone on "bunny watch".......

We had loads of help from Lee and Jane, and encouraged participants to make an original bag tag using a range of our products. Geez why does my mouth have to be open in every single photo.....

Anyway the response was fantastic, even from those who had never participated in papercrafts of any kind before. Prizes and giveaways encouraged visitors to watch our live stage demonstrations each day. With simple and easy projects and layouts being created it allowed them to walk away knowing they could also create for themselves what was shown and adapt it easily for other projects. So really proud of my friend Al who a few months ago was adament that she wasn't going to get up on stage but she did in the end and did so good. Good on you luv. Its not easy getting up there, don't I know that but each time it gets a little easier. It truly helps when you are talking about something you are passionate about. Yes we love Kaisercraft.

With Fiskars having their garden shed right next to ours there was never a dull moment, miss you already girls. Lyn you are gorgeous, Lusi I can't help but smile when I think of you - it was a pleasure to finally meet you (funny how our paths have crossed - but things all happen for a reason), Robyn you are almost as mad as me, Azza you are a life saver with those chocolates and all you others thanks for being so wonderful and friendly. Only one disappointment, Dawn, wish you were able to come, missed your smiling face. It was great to catch up again with the girls from Memories 2 Remember Jo, Annette and Katija. Wish I could stop spending money when i go past your store - you sending me broke girls but you alway have such great stuff at even better prices.. Great night out - thanks girls for all the suggestions, comments and encouragement. You girls are awesome. Now for one of the highlights of our time away. NOw this should probably be that we encouraged over 700 people to have a go and make a bag tag but it was actually going out for dinner with Sherry and Lorraine Bate...OMG as well as being a very very talented scrapper/teacher in her own rights she is also one of the editors with Scrapbook Creations. Very very serious lady....not...though Im sure she could be....Sooooooooo, i hope to goodness i don't incriminate you Lorraine but she is a total scream and one of the funniest people I have ever met and don't think I have laughed so hard since CHA (when I fell off the bed)...
There is nothing quite like being able to laugh and make a joke of yourself is there? but this girl is so comfortable in her own skin, she has it down to a fine art. Nothing is sacred... She made us laugh so hard, besides wetting our pants...(well not quite) we all nearly had asthma attacks. I actually DID have to use my spray... Poor woman to think she is recovering from emphysema and getting over being anorexic and bulimic all at the same time - plus then those tumours in her feet, oh you poor luv, trying to get down those stairs....lol.. so surprised none of us fell down them. Not quite sure how you coped ....lol...Maybe its the sodium overdoses... Next time we spend a night out together the Poise, will have to come along too... Thank you so much Lorainne for the most amusing night out but on a serious note, for all the encouragement you have personally given regarding some of my projects. You truly are a gem and can't wait until next time we catch up....To top the five days off Al arranged to catch up with some of her forum buddies from The Scrapbook Shelf. At first i guess I was a bit hesitant to go as they all know each other so well from their online chatter but the alternative was staying home alone in the motel room - no way was that going to be happening - I was coming too - so thank you (Lisa, Jaimee, Sandi, Sandra, Lee and Jane) for all making me feel so welcome and again for another very very funny night.....sniff sniff what is that smell?????. What a pack of giggling little girls..... Maybe even wait next time for the boom gate to go up a little before doing the limbo under it.....ooohhh sore....Get onto this website people and check out the awesome work of the design team.

Well i need bed and its been a long post. So glad I have finally gotten around to it and there are so many more photos that could have been posted up but just can't share them all.
As for my good intentions of being thankful for something everyday of this month - - thats just not oing to happen. so just believe me when i say Im thankful everyday for everything.....well OK - most things.. Hugs and Kisses....

3 comments:

Princess Lu the Scatterbrained said...

Don't worry luv, I believes ya!!! lol I'm thankful too but there just are so few hours in the day. If I get a quiet moment to thank God myself then I figure that's okay. Looks like you had a fab time in Sydney but are you so over bag tags yet?!?! lol Chat soon babe, take care and don't work yourself into the ground okay? Love Lu

Mardi said...

Hi there...I needed a rest just reading your blog post...you seem so incredibly busy...but it also sounds like a dream come true...
Im truly loving playing with the Kaiser goodies...and Im sp glad you popped by my blog and said hello..
Take care... many thanks...
Mardi xx

EverydayRamblings365 said...

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you Lissy and you had no reason to be hesitant of us girls. I loved your confidence and your humour and how you were so silly! Great to meet you and can't wait until the next time!