Tuesday 14 August 2007

Next Workshop - Love in A Box

Operation Christmas Child
A number of you have been asking about the next workshop. I haven't as yet done examples up what we are doing for the kits but I can give you all the other information.

If you weren't at the last workshop you wouldn't have seen the video but as we are leading up to Christmas I thought it would be nice to give a gift to people who may not be fortunate enough to get much at Christmas time. You sometimes don't realise just how much we spend on our own children and families until you sit down and add it up. And believe it or not there are some people at Christmas that get nothing. Operation Christmas Child gives children in these areas some joy and hope through receiving gift filled shoeboxes. We have put these shoeboxes together as a family for the last few years and my children get just as much joy in doing these as I do - they certainly help tell me what to put in them.

What is Operation Christmas Child all about - check out this site if you want further information. http://www.samaritanspurse.org/OCC_About.asp?OCCPath=1
What do I put in my shoebox?

When: Saturday 6th October
Time: 10 am - 10 pm
Where: Barrabool Hills Community Church, Leigh Road
Cost: $20 to be paid to Melissa in advance by 20th September.
Filled shoebox to be brought on the day of workshop to go under tree.
Again there are limited numbers so the sooner you can confirm and pay the better. I haven't got registration forms yet but you can start reserving your spots and paying. I will then forward details of your choice of projects for the day.
There will be dinner included in the price but it will be a bring along and share lunch as done in previous workshops.
If you would like any further information please contact me.


No comments: