Friday 20 August 2010

Time to Play Catch up. Backtracking - Le Chateau

Well its high time to share what was one of my favourite ranges to work with. Funny thing is working so far in advance i have a new fave each month.
Now that my feet are back on aussie soil and no immediate plans on going anywhere i thought i might share with you a few of things i have done...past tense now. You may have already seen some of these if you get the Kaiser workshop or read the blog but as i have a few months to catch up on i will share June July and August over the coming week and then some new things i have been doing.

Kaisercraft released Le Chateau in June but its still a relative new range and for myself along with the new flourishes because of its versatility will always be one of my faves. I had been holding onto these photos I took when i visited Kalk Bay, South Africa last year and not really knowing what to use to scrap them with. When this range was released i immediately grabbed them.The next two layouts are a couple of versions in the same style (similar techniques in both) but due to teaching were waiting until classes were over to share.

The first one is the layout i taught in Brisbane in June and then in July in New Zealand at Senz, amongst some other projects which i will share later. Thank you to all the lovely ladies who were in these classes, i have had some lovely responses and it was great to meet you all and catch up with others The layout was full of little techniques but by far I really wanted to get across and remind the ladies how special they are. How often we encourage our children to DREAM but not ourselves. Life is full of so many amazing opportunities just waiting for us to grab hold of them. So many of us look back on our lives and only WISH we took some of these up when they were offered. We look back and DREAM of how it could have been some time. So I thought we could do this layout and get the girls to hang it up for a week so just to remind them that their dreams are still special and the only one stopping them coming true is themselves - You have to step out and take a chance. If you would like the notes for this class you can download these HERE.


LIFE IS MADE UP OF THE CHOICES WE MAKE... Why not make it a full of all the things we dream of.....


This double layout below i taught at SIA, an extended version of the above techniques. You can download instructions for this one HERE.

One of the techniques done in this class turns the Kaiser wooden flourishes(birdcage and keys) and chipboard letters into metallic looking embellishments simply by inking the pieces first with Tim Holtz Distress Walnut Ink and then generously coat with Rock Candy Crackle Paint, with a bit of glimmer Mist sprayed over the top as drying. I have really enjoyed this range and being Le Chateau it was only fitting to do up the House album as the Beyond the Page project for the month.

The beauty of being a late in posting what i did with this is range is that since I have had a chance to see what some of the "past" DT's did with this range too and Im going to share it with you. You may have already seen some of these on the Kaiser blog, sorry if you have, but they are worth the second look .

At the office we have so many deadlines to work to and don't always get to play as much as we would like with all the new ranges, we do a layout or two and then off to work on another new range so I love keeping up to date with the blog (as much as I can anyway) and it never ceases to amaze me what the DT's come up with - what they do with the ranges is amazing, all so different and often Al and I will say - why didn't we think of that...... Keep up the good work girls, you do such an awesome job and i really look forward to what the new Design Team come up with over the next twelve months.
This gorgeous layout from done by Nancy Burke.

The colours in this range are so versatile and can be used for so many differnt types of photos and themes.
Renee - another stunning layout, with loads of detail.
Love the way Elizna Parsons has cut out the bird cages from one of the other pages and used them on this layout. I also love the way she has used the die cut page too.
and Nancy, this clock is gorgeous. Its beautiful and can imagine it would look great on the wall in your house. Renee again has come up with a gorgeous use for the accordian frames. This has made me want to go and make one myself.
I'll be back again shortly to share some of my projects done in paper released in July.
Thanks for looking

5 comments:

Liz said...

Yay! All lovely projects and definitely a beautiful range. You've made me want to go and scrap (instead of tidying the scraps!). Your Dream Layout was certainly a hit here in NZ. Thanks!

Karen Shady said...

Beautiful layouts Melissa :) i especially love the double. And the metalic finish on the chippies is fabulous. Can i ask, what colour glimmermist you used on them?. I really want to give it a go :)

Karen Shady said...

Hi Mel :) I love these layouts. this range is gorgeouss. I especially love the double layout you did. Gorgeous. I alos love the metal finish you did on the chippies. Very clever. Can I ask, what colour glimmermist you used to finish them. I so need to lift this idea :)

Karen Shady said...

LOL, I posted twice . wooops !!!! and a third time now, Im not atalking you, I promise :) ... Just wanted to thankyou for the tips on that fabulous metalic finish... I cant wait to give it a go.. thanks again

Gabi Alberti said...

Everything perfect!!!