Sunday 4 May 2008

Living Creatively - Brisbane


I've said before and I will say it again - I LOVE MY JOB. Yes it is hard at times juggling the domestic duties and being a housewife with three little kids and being back in the workforce and being paid to do what you love doing - working for Kaisercraft can hardly be called work ... Well actually at the moment it can... can't say I have ever been so busy but it has its rewards. One of those was the opportunities was last week going up to Brisbane for the Stitches and Craft show, as part of the Living Creatively stand. Fiskars and Kaisercraft were back again with their garden sheds and the garden parties (this time little ducks were running around instead of bunnies) and again run off our feet with our make and takes. Claire Stewart - ex SCM now working with LC as a presenter was there so it was great to catch up again. We alone did over 200 the first day. Thank goodness I had help and who better than two gorgeous, funny, and totally down to earth girls Cassandra Glass and Lu Benson (Griffin as you may know her) - you have to read her version of the first day - and Lu if you read this - your first on-stage demo was fantastic - you really had nothing to worry about - you nailed it girl. After the couple of days I spent with these two, and there were plenty of laughs, I have a few new scrapping terms to add to my glossary. Here they are: Inky Dink - that inky girls, Pokey Poke - naturally this is a hole reamer, Stabby Stab - come on you should be able to guess - yes its a craft knife and i love this one, a Smattering. (thats when you look at your layout and it needs a little something, so you give it a smattering of flowers or something.... I think that was it....Anyway I can well imagine your feet are killing you by now. I only stayed for a couple of days to meet the girls and by the time Rachelle Minett and her mum, Sandra Gerdes, came I knew that I could safely go home - these girls had it all in total control for the next few. On the Fiskars stand, as well as the gorgeous Dawn Stan and Lyn (those girls are so lovely and helpful), Ngaire Bartlam and Jill Geraghty-Groves were helping out - so I think between the two stands they had scrapbooking pretty much covered and I came back to work with a list of new product ideas thanks to these girls. The talent just between all of those girls is awesome and even though I know they are just as "normal" and down to earth as I am it was still a pleasure and honor to meet you all. Just looking at the work Cass, Lu and Rachelle have done using the Kaisercraft products proves to me I have so so so much to learn. You girls are all awesome and it was a please to meet you all and I can't wait to catch up with you all again in Brissy in a few weeks. OMG - can you believe it is that close.
Living Creatively

3 comments:

Princess Lu the Scatterbrained said...

Thank YOU Mel for all of your amazing help and guidance to get us started!!! It was a five day sharp learning curve but I've loved every minute of it! Can't wait to see you again soon - we'll all have to try and arrange dinner one night this time hey? Take care and don't work too hard okay? Love Lu

Anonymous said...

So fabulous to meet you Mel! Can't wait 'til June - and I'm with Lu - a dinner in order methinks!
xxJ

Rachelle said...

bJust dropping by to say HI and say thanks for having faith in me.....
Can't wait to meet up again next month....Woo hoo!!!
Rach xx