Monday 3 March 2008

Crop 4 a Cause - Sri Lanka

Quick rap up of the weekend. What a fun day we all had. Even though it takes a huge amount of time to organise I really do look forward to these days. I mentioned on the day that it is because of you ladies that I have the courage to do some of the things that have come my way this year. To think these workshops started off with 11 of us and most of you were there last weekend. Thanks to all you ladies who attended - you make me get all teary when I think of the day. What an awesome effort - $2110 was raised for the orphanage. You know that will keep them going for another 2-3 months.

On top of all that money raised these wonderful women scrapped some photos I got hold of from the opening of the Orphanage - so we will be able to put an album together for them. Im so very proud of all your efforts. Thanks to you all for being so generous with not only your money but time. Cannot wait to get these into an album.

Stephen Kaiser himself, came and spoke to us all about how it all started and then whilst at the workshop got lots of new ideas for our next brainstorming day and yes girls I have taken note of the purple paper that was requested....

To see more photos from the day and to keep up to date with what is happening with these workshops go to the Crop 4a Cause page.

No comments: